Once you have installed BellaDati IoT Data Collector modules (at least one audit, receiver and sender), you can proceed with the configuration, however, the basic configuration has been done during the installation procedure.
Manual configuration principles
Eeach module (audit, receiver, sender) is represented by a JAR distribution and is running inside own JVM. does have it's own set of configuration files and file system structure (for temporary storage, database and logs).
There are two main configuration files which are passed to the JVM as parameters:
- config.json - holds the configuration of the module, including license
- cluster.xml - defines the clustering mechanism, modules discovery strategy etc
In order to apply modifications made to these files, you always need to restart the module.
Database persistent configuration
Configuration is by default loaded from config.json file, however, each module is able to read the configuration stored in it's internal database. If database contains the configuration, properties loaded from config.json (except database configuration) are replaced with those coming from database. In order to force module to use properties from config.json, change the <module>.db.drop property to true. This will cause dropping the database configuration.
- Install IoT Data Collector manually or using installer
- Configure and start Audit module
- Configure and start Receiver and Sender modules