Custom member allows you to add your own nodes into drill down paths. You can add Custom member from Data set's Attribute page after clicking on Custom members icon in column Action.
Custom member dialog allows you to:
- Specify Name of the custom member.
- Select Level for a custom member.
Every new custom member requires additional definition (unless it is left empty). Custom member definition dialog allows you to determine:
- Attribute values from particular levels which will be aggregated into custom member.
- Custom member alias (see below)
- Formula definition (see below)
You can also easily switch to another attribute by using the drop-down menu at the top.
Deleting custom member
You can delete created nodes in Custom member dialog.
Custom member alias
The custom member alias can used in subsets and report tables only!
Custom member alias can be set from the custom member definition dialog.
Custom member alias allows you to work with custom members in formula indicators in report. The alias will can be retrieved with function memberValue().
memberValue() and memberValue('L_ATTRIBUTE') return different values.
- for non-empty custom members, memberValue() will return the alias, memberValue('L_ATTRIBUTE') will return the array with members of the custom member.
- if the attribute in memberValue('L_ATTRIBUTE') is not used in the custom member/table, it will return the alias for empty custom members
The formula definition can used in subsets and report tables only!
This function is used to define a custom formula, which will be used to calculate the value of a custom member in a table.
This calculation will override the value of the indicator, which is used in the table.
It is possible to use function value() in the custom member formula to get the value of the indicator and make additional calculations with it in the custom member formula.
Following flow is used when calculating the value:
Filters are applied to the value (total) which is then used in the formula
Conditional formatting is always applied to the displayed value